March 19, 2023 9:45am
Address: Northern Hills United Methodist Church, 3703 N Loop 1604 East, San Antonio, TX US 78247
Contact: Susanna Watson e
Sundays | 9:45-10:45 a.m.
1604 Campus | Annex 3
This 8-week course traditionally for 8th graders, designed to help them understand what following Jesus is all about. See below for FAQs and registration information.
- What is confirmation?
- When youth leave our church and graduate from high school, we want them to be filled with love, eager to serve, and confident in their faith. Confirmation is one of the things we do to prepare our young people for the wider world.
- It is an 8-week course in which we tackle the hard questions about the faith (“How can we know there is a God? Can we really trust the Bible? How does prayer work?” etc.) in an environment specifically designed for 8th graders in a way that encourages openness and curiosity.
- Who can participate?
- Any 8th grader may participate. Attendance will be tracked throughout the year and all participants will be required to make at least 70% of the program to be confirmed on April 16, 2023.
- Do we have to attend Northern Hills to participate?
- No. Friends are welcome to attend with your student! (We take the attendance requirement seriously, though, so be sure you can commit to being there on a weekly basis.)
- When does it start and end?
- Confirmation will meet weekly from Sunday, January 22 - Sunday, April 2 (with some exceptions such as President’s Day Weekend and Spring Break). The class meets during the 9:45 a.m. Sunday School hour. We also have one Confirmation Special Session planned on Saturday, February 26 that students need to do their best to attend. The class will conclude with a Confirmation Celebration Ceremony and Reception on April 16 at 6:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
- Do I need a Bible?
- Yes, but we don't expect anyone to go out and buy one if they don't have one already. We would be happy to provide a Bible if needed! We will be presenting the students that have completed confirmation with Bibles.
- Does it cost anything?
- No, Confirmation is FREE, but you MUST register to attend.
- What if I’m not sure what I believe?
- We definitely want you to join us! Confirmation is meant to help young people define what they believe. The typical faith questions young people (and adults) are wrestling with are definitely going to be covered.
The Confirmation schedule can be found by clicking the button below.